10 Reasons Why A Church Should Have Revival Meetings
And Use Evangelists
1. It does every church some good once in a while to set aside a few
night for people to come
together to seek the Lord for spiritual refreshing and for the souls of
2. It is good for the congregation to hear a different voice every so
often. The evangelist
complements what the pastor preaches and confirms it in the ears of the
listeners. The lay people
say, ďHe is preaching the same thing our pastor does; there must be
something to it.Ē It gives the
evangelist an opportunity to use his God-given gifts to help edify
3. It also does the pastor good to occasionally get a break from
preaching and the preparation that
goes with it. The pastor also is encouraged and challenged by the
messages from the evangelists.
The fellowship and sharing between the pastor and evangelist is helpful
to the pastor. The
evangelist can serve as a sounding board for the pastor. He is a truly
interested outsider that the
pastor can talk to about many things.
4. Churches that have revival meetings baptize more people than
that do not have revival
meetings. If you think a church is doing well without revival
it would do even better with
5. People will come to revival meetings. Some say folks wonít attend
revivals any more. Use an
evangelist and youíll be surprised at how many will attend.
6. By abandoning revivals we are catering to the laziness and mixed up
priorities of those church
members who donít want to come. If they have time for cable TV, the
Internet, and the newspaper,
they have time to come to church for a few nights.
7. Revival meetings are another hook in the water. Trotline fishing
the most productive way to
fish for souls. Churches need to be putting more hooks in the water,
fewer. Revivals are not
the only method to win the lost and invigorate the saved, but they are
still a highly effective
8. Revival meetings are biblical. The people of God periodically had
multi-day meetings to seek
the Lord afresh.
9. Every Christian and every church needs a check-up occasionally. It
is easy to get off course or
to develop blind spots and need a correction. The revival meeting has
historically been used of
God to help get both Christians and churches back on course, and back
being about the main
things God has put us here to do.
10. Revival meetings provide opportunities for people to be spoken to by the Lord in a fresh way. Those attending have opportunities to make life-changing decisions that will benefit them, their families and all who know them.
Phil Glisson Ministries * 3638 Macon Road * Memphis, TN * 38122
Phone : 901 - 324 - 3459
Click here to return to the Phil Glisson Ministries home page.